Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crochet Heroine

I have to say, Doris Chan is my favorite crochet designer out there at the moment. She is so incredibly talented, and her designs are so beautiful! I first found her book Everyday Crochet at the library, and proceeded to keep it out for several months because I loved it so much. Her MO is ingenious. I ended up receiving Everyday Crochet for Christmas and I have made many garments from this book. I recently finished a bolero that I adapted from several of the sweaters in the book...all of the patterns are written so you can pick and choose the bits you would like in your own creation. My bolero is cap-sleeved with a scoop neckline and a single button. The hem curves in true bolero-style, and it is all edged in a pretty scalloped stitch. I am quite pleased with it, and will post pictures.

1 comment :

  1. YOUR POST WAS SO ENTICING. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BOLERO! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU. LOVE GRAMMY

    ReplyDelete