Friday, May 20, 2011

Excitement

When I was a little girl, I used to love drawing dresses. They were mostly big, poufy affairs, with a Colonial flair. I called them my fashion designs. A few years later, I drew them again, but this time with a more modern flavor.

Now I am starting to submit designs to different publications, and most of these publications want me to sketch out my idea, rather than take a picture of it. So I get to draw my designs out on paper, scan them and send them. I feel like a real designer! I am truly excited for this next chapter in my pursuit of my dreams. I never thought that this was possible! I have been crocheting for almost ten years now, and I never once thought that I might someday attempt to design my own ideas, much less send them in to editors for possible publication.

Unbelievable.

2 comments :

  1. It's NOT unbelievable....you are a very, very talented young woman, Melody. I am overwhelmed with...busting with...PRIDE!!

    He has given you many gifts...this is just the beginning, Sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mumma :) I love you.

    ReplyDelete