Monday, May 30, 2011

Floss!

Feeling really inspired to make hair adornments, jewelry and more useful kitcheny items! I just started using embroidery floss instead of the usual mercerized cotton thread that I buy...and I love the floss so much better. Here's why:

  • It's way cheaper.

  • It comes in literally hundreds of colors.

  • It's shiny.

  • I don't have to waste my money on 500 yards of thread; I only need a tiny amount for the little bits of jewelry that I make!

  • It's sturdier.

  • It's just plain, all over amazing.


And there you have it. I am designing some gorgeous new pieces, plus some fun accessories, so stay tuned! I also have about ten skeins of cotton yarn to use up, so I'd better start thinking of some sturdy household items to design. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment