Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Preparation

Some of you may know this already, but I should probably announce it anyway - I'm moving to Arkansas in August for 10 months. 


This is quite a move. Nearly 1,500 miles across the nation. Driving takes almost 24 hours - if I walked, it would take me 454 hours. That's a long way.

But I'm excited. I will be part of a ministry called Lightbearers. You should check out what they do. They are amazing - they provide housing for young adults, sending the rent to fund mission projects around the world, and disciple college kids to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so excited to be a part of them. I'll be working a regular job to pay the rent and live down there, but I'll also be a part of Lightbearers and involved in what they do. 

As you may well imagine, I have a lot to do to prepare for this gigantic move! Sadly I can't bring all my yarn with me. Or all my fabric. Or all my beads. Well, maybe some beads...and some yarn. I think I'd go a little insane if I couldn't knit or crochet - my hands like having something to do and I want to keep designing. 

One of my prep projects is going to be a cookbook or recipe box of some kind. My mom is an amazing cook (check out her cooking blog at Join Us At The Table! Dozens and dozens of recipes!) and I want to copy down as many of her recipes as possible to take with me so I can cook on my own! I've been researching tutorials and ideas, and I think I'd rather make a unique book than fill a box with cards. I'd love some ideas! Here's some inspiration I found:










1 comment :