Monday, September 30, 2013

The Latest

I made another sale on Etsy!

Joy. That's seven sales since really starting in June. Seven sales in three months is not that impressive for sure, but unfortunately some shops take longer than others to make sales. I'm excited with each one that I make! The latest is a custom order for two sets of coffee bag place mats. These are made completely by hand, by the way (apart from weaving the coffee bags, ha!). First they are hand-sewn (note the term hand-sewn) around the edges to prevent unraveling; then they are blanket-stitched, and finally they are crocheted around the edges. This is no one-day task, my friends. Running a tiny handmade business can be a lot of work! I guess I'd better get sewing!

In the meantime, check out the latest additions to my shop!

Wouldn't you know it, mint has been and is staying one of the most popular colors in accessories and clothes right now. In response, I designed a lacy collar necklace in mint to wear over a contrasting top. The scalloped edge frames the face and the white velvet ribbon tie adds charm to any outfit.


My second latest listing is this beautiful cuff bracelet, crocheted in shades of purple. It would make a great gift for someone who appreciates handmade items. 


Happy Monday! And happy crafting/cooking/knitting/crocheting - a handmade life is a great one.

2 comments :

  1. I'm doing about as well as you on Etsy! I did much worse before I discovered the Etsy promotion thing...
    Well done you!

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your sale :) I couldn't agree more: a handmade life is indeed a great one. Too bad it doesn't come with more hours ;)
    - Kristin -

    ReplyDelete