Monday, November 25, 2013

Pictionary Tutorial: Hanging Doily Ball with String Lights

It's been a while since I wrote a tutorial for you all, so I decided to post one! Here's the problem though: I didn't take step by step pictures. Mostly because I didn't think it would work out. But no worries! I took the time and care to draw the directions for you, in delightful little sketches. (I will also type out some instructions where needed - don't worry.)

Here goes!



Note: I covered half my balloon and let the doilies dry before adding the rest, BUT it was really cold in my room and the balloon deflated overnight, so that's why my light is a bit deformed and not perfectly round. It's a sculpture. Hey, I work at an art museum - I can get away with it, right?



I took a string of 70 white lights with white cord (thank you, Walgreens!) and wove it in and out of the holes between the doilies around the light, tacked it to the ceiling and wall and plugged it in. 



Isn't it beautiful? I love it. It was the perfect addition to the corner of my room.

Now to do something with those two canvases I got from Jo-Ann's...

No comments:

Post a Comment