Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Writing more and worrying less

This blog is a place where I write, share creative ideas (granted, mostly yarn projects), link to other projects, and post photos of my latest designs. At least, that's what I want my blog to be. But lately I've realized that I don't enjoy writing as much as I used to. I want to get back to that, and write something that I actually like - that's a bit more personal than your typical "Guess what?" or "Happy knitting!" I want my tone to be fun, because I have fun, but I also want to be serious about my creating. 

I'm still on this creative journey and haven't quite found my niche yet. I'll admit it. I can't seem to settle down to any one craft. Yarn is my first love of course, but some days I'll think, "What if I started making little journals and sold those or posted tutorials on how to make them?" or "I'd love to sell photo prints instead!" or "Wow, that recipe interpretation was really good - maybe I should post more of those."

Granted, all of those are creative, which is what I am, but none of them are along the same lines. So maybe this is more of a creative life blog? Not really a design blog - more of a daily (or every other day) account of creative endeavors. Maybe someday it will get more professional, but I think I tried too early to become a brand and sound detached. I'm still in the struggling phase - I'm still relatable! My goals are pretty simple: I want to write content that people actually want to read. I want my blog to be an interesting place. I would love to do this full-time, honestly, but I know I'm not there yet. 

So that's me - an honest update from here in snowy northwest Arkansas. I'm still trying and I'm still learning, and maybe one day I'll get there. But for now, I'm going to write more and worry less. If there's anyone out there reading this, comment and tell me what you'd like to see more of! Tutorials, daily updates, photos, projects, book reviews - I would love suggestions. The craft community is a great one, full of support. I really appreciate the help I've gotten in the past, and I hope I've been able to help other people too. 

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment