Saturday, October 4, 2014

Writings

This fascination with fiber and turning it into things never really goes away - I'm at work on my lunch break and wishing I'd brought one of my latest projects with me. My hands don't really know what to do without a hook or pair of needles in them. Is that bad?

I'm typing this on my phone which means it won't be center-formatted the way I like, but that's okay. I want to write more 'everyday' posts like this so that whoever reads my blog gets to know me a little better. :)

Right now my project list includes:
-An elbow-length pair of mesh fingerless gloves (custom order from Etsy)
-A colorwork pair of yoga socks (more of an experiment than anything)
-A new tutorial that I can't wait to share! (hope y'all like it)
And several more that I may or may not finish - such is my creative life!

What are you (my readers) working on these days? I'd love to hear! Also I have a Twitter and Instagram for my designs now: @melmariadesigns (Twitter) and ️melmariadesigns (Instagram). Follow me and connect with me! I try to post regularly, and I find that both of those platforms are easier and more accessible than Facebook.

Okay, back to work now - stay tuned for a new pattern and that tutorial I was talking about!

2 comments :

  1. some things I would love to know: how did you become a Christan? What is your favorite thing to make? What is your favorite type of yarn to work with? (Mine is worsted weight, superwash wool)

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carolynn! Thanks for the questions!

    1. I grew up in a home where the gospel was taught me at a very young age - I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was a little girl and truly began to walk in the Spirit when I was in my early teens.
    2. My favorite things to make are hats and fingerless gloves. Couldn't pick just one! Haha.
    3. My favorite type of yarn would have to be worsted weight, although I really love sock yarn too.
    Thank you for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete