Monday, December 15, 2014

A Fresh Take - Inspiring Workspace

After a very long drive and a long weekend of wedding stuff, I am all settled and unpacked in my beautiful childhood home. Well, mostly. I'm really loving my workspace so far, though. Would you like to see some photos? I'm hoping to stay inspired and creating! 


I'm using a portable table for my desk/worktable (craft show, anyone!?) It's still a little cluttered, but I've found a home for most of my tools.


Succulents and watercolors make me happy.


I turned my bed into a sort of couch/daybed where I can create or sleep at will. ;) Note the bowl of white lights on my shelf - I went to Goodwill to  try and find a mini lamp and ended up buying a sweater instead. Such is life.


White lights bowl, watercolor in vintage frame, teapot, bridesmaid bouquet, and a jar full of encouraging notes and memories from my friends in AR :)


The most important part of my trade! 


I recreated my wall of encouragement and inspiration and it looks even better now! I love my space so far. It's functional and bright and open, and sure to keep me inspired. 

On another note, I've been trying to figure out whether I actually have a name for what I do. I crochet, but I also knit, and sew, and cook, and draw, and paint, and craft. I think I'm going to just call myself a maker. A maker of things. I'll let you know if I think of something better.

1 comment :