Monday, February 10, 2014

Home Studio Ideas

Last week I came across these posts from A Beautiful Mess on blog and business organization, and realized I needed to start some organizing of my own! It's a lot less stressful when I have posts and projects planned ahead. 

First, I got me out to Hobby Lobby looking for a dry-erase calendar, and instead I found the best thing ever: dry-erase poster board. It made a huge and amazing blog calendar, and I hung it up above my worktable using tacks and binder clips (love this idea!) So now I'm able to plan out ideas ahead of time and it's right in front of me! I love it, and it was so much cheaper than a real dry-erase calendar!

I cleared off my bulletin board and started pinning up inspiration - I want it to be a sort of mood board in the future.
I also bought myself a notebook to organize ideas. I stuck some mini sticky notes to create labels and divided the notebook into sections for different projects and blog ideas. It's already coming in handy!

And those notes and cards I had on my bulletin board? I clothespinned them to twine strung across my wall, along with a few drawings and photos. Whenever I need some encouragement, I can look at this wall and see all the words of love and care written to me by my friends and family.



I hope these photos were inspiring! My 'studio' is always a work in progress, especially since this feels so temporary. I don't feel completely settled here. Fayetteville is great, and I'm hoping to post photos from around town when things warm up a bit, but it's not historical New England with its old houses and stone wall boundaries. Miss that! If I could afford to buy my own house in NE, I would. Maybe someday I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment