Monday, February 10, 2014

Lemon Crockpot Chicken

Okay, most of you have probably already eaten dinner, but I couldn't resist posting this right here, right now. I was on the phone with my mom earlier, and she advised me to go to the store, buy some chicken, and throw it in the crockpot with some lemon juice,butter, paprika, parsley, and thyme.


So I did.

Unfortunately I forgot to buy thyme, but this tasted amazing anyway. Here's what I did:

2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
2 tablespoons of butter
A few squeezes of lemon juice
A shake of paprika
A shake of parsley
Salt/pepper

Plop your chicken in the crockpot. Rub the butter all over the chicken breasts, both under and on top of the skin. You can do this step first if you want, but for some reason I did it while they were in the slow cooker. 
Squeeze the lemon (or bottle of lemon juice) over the chicken a few times. Shake the paprika and parsley over all, and season just a tad with salt and pepper. Cover up that slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours. 


So. Good.

1 comment :

  1. Maybe it's your photography...but I agree...those look amazing, Mel! Great job! Another recipe to add to the archives. :)

    ReplyDelete