Friday, January 23, 2015

5 Weekend Knit Projects (for free!)


It's that time of week again - the weekend is upon us and it's the perfect time to make something cute for yourself or a friend! Here are 5 free knitting projects for you to choose from.


1. The Boyfriend Hat from Purl Bee. This is a great, easy hat to make - although if you're not a very quick knitter, it might take longer than a weekend to whip up! I love the look and feel of ribbing, but I'm not the fastest rib knitter. 


2. The Drop Stitch Cowl by Abi Gregorio. You may need a Ravelry account to download this pattern, but it's free and worth it (thousands and thousands of knit & crochet patterns!). And I think this cowl is so cozy and unique. 


3. Helix Mitts from Knitting and So On. When I first saw these mitts I thought they looked so cool. I love the innovative construction, the colors, and even the yarn weight!


4. Yoga Socks from Lion Brand Yarn. These are easy and quick - I've made a few pairs in the past and I love the look of them. I'm kind of digging the yellow color of this particular pair, too!


5. DIY Easy Knit Baby Booties from The New Days Blog. These are SO CUTE. I think I'll probably whip up a pair or ten of these for the next baby shower I attend.

I hope this collection inspired you to pick up your needles this weekend and make something fun. Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment