Saturday, January 24, 2015

New Around Here

I've been Instagramming a LOT more now, and I have to say it's my favorite social media platform to use for my business right now. It feels less formal than Facebook, and I love the completely visual aspect of it. And it's so easy to get followers and likes, especially if you take the time to share great photos of your products and use relevant hashtags. Love it! Actually I might be Instagramming too much. Is that bad?


I've been busy creating all week (and I mean busy - literally 12 hours days of crocheting, sewing, listing, brainstorming, writing, and more). I listed 12 new items this week, which is HUGE for me - especially given the nature of my work. Everything is handmade pretty much from scratch. I'm super proud to have achieved this number - I now have 74 items for sale and am about to add two more listings. How awesome is this?

I wanted to share my two latest additions to the shop - two handmade bags that I personally really like. They combined a few new skills for me and I'm happy with the way they turned out!




The Folk Crochet Clutch, $35, almost came together by itself, the colors worked so beautifully. It's fully lined, with room for a phone, a little notebook and some cash. 





The Natural Wood Crochet Bag, $35, was a joy to make from conception to finish. I love the textured crochet stitch and the addition of natural wood handles. This bag is also fully lined with cheery cotton fabric, and can hold a phone and some cash.

Also, I've been following Littlest Crochet Shop on Instagram and found out she has a blog! She is now writing daily about her small business ventures, and even offering tips to the rest of us. I love it and I encourage you to check out her site and her beautiful baby products.

Have a great rest of your weekend, and I'll see you Monday with an exciting new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment